Did you ever try using aloe vera to heal small cuts, soothe irritated skin or prevent sunburns?
Was it effective? If yes, you might wonder whether using aloe vera for bad breath may also be as effective.
Researchers looked into this question as well and found out that aloe vera has properties that contributes to maintaining good oral health.
Learning how to get rid of bad breath naturally using aloe vera is a good complementary remedy. It fights bleeding gums, tooth sensitivity, tooth caries and provides you with many other benefits.
Benefits of using aloe vera for bad breath
1. It’s antiseptic agents make aloe vera an effective natural mouth cleanser, which improves the freshness of your breath and the taste in your mouth.
2. Aloe vera’s antibacterial properties prevent cavities, bleeding gums, and the build-up of plaque on the teeth, which maintains your mouth healthier.
3. It boosts the ability to create collagen, which improves the mouth’s ability to heal.
4. Aloe vera includes OXYD-8, which is an active ingredient that prevents anaerobic bacteria thrive by adding more oxygen to the environment that prevents creating sulfur compounds that becomes bad breath.
5. Aloe vera juice or gel is not abrasive, which means that it doesn't hurt the teeth's enamel or gums.
How to use aloe vera for bad breath
1. Drink aloe vera juice
The basic extract of aloe vera is the jelly juice contained inside the leaf.
This aloe vera gel is the ingredient that helps with bad breath.
To extract the juice, cut one leaf and peel the exterior until you get to the inside jelly content.
Dissolve a quarter-cup of pure aloe vera gel in half-cup of water and drink it.
At first, you may find it difficult to ingest pure aloe vera. To improve its flavor, try mixing it with apple juice instead.
2. Aloe vera toothpaste
A toothpaste containing aloe vera is intended to cleanse and soothe teeth and gums and to remove the pathogenic oral microflora. To do that, you have two options.
The first option is to add a few drops of aloe vera gel on your toothpaste and brush your teeth with this mix.
The second option is to buy an aloe vera gel and use it to brush your teeth.
Forever Bright Aloe Vera Tooth Gel
Aloe Vera Tooth Gel
3. Aloe vera mouthwash
To make a simple and basic aloe vera mouthwash you’ll need to boil some water, let it cool down after that add aloe vera gel and a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
If you want a stronger breath refreshing effect from your mouthwash add baking soda, glycerin and mint.
Use this mouthwash after you brush your teeth.
If you're looking to get rid of bad breath naturally than you should give aloe vera a try.
It's has great cleansing and antibacterial properties that helps maintain a healthy mouth and eventually eliminate bad breath.