The worst thing that may happen on a date is if your date figures out, while you try to kiss her, that your breath smells bad.
This drastically diminishes your chances to earn a second date or engage into a lasting relationship with the person that you like.
It’s sad when you realize that you could have fixed your breath before trying to kiss your date.
The good thing is that there are short-term and long-term ways to maintain a kiss-ready breath.
You need to know how to get good breath for kissing to prevent being ignored by the person you like in the future.
Below you’ll find quick ways to mask your bad breath that are useful in spontaneous moments and some long-term suggestions if you want to get rid of bad breath forever.
Quick ways to refresh your breath before kissing
You may start your day brushing your teeth but after some sugary food and drinking a cup of coffee the smell of your breath may worsen.
What if you have planned a date for the evening?
You may need something that can refresh your breath quickly. Thankfully there are small products that you may carry with you all day. These mouth fresheners provide you with a kiss-ready breath quickly.
- mouth freshener – these sprays use strong breath refreshing flavors which can mask their bad breath quickly. See below some recommended options:
- breath mints: these mints are a quick solution for your bad breath. The mint flavor tastes quite a while after the mint has been consumed They are perfectly sized to keep in your pocket or bag.
- minty gum: chewing a mint flavored gum promotes salivation which washes away the bad breath-causing bacteria from the mouth.
- use a mouthwash: it also washes away bacteria and food particles from the surface of the tongue which maintains your breath fresh.
These products can refresh your breath instantly making you ready for a kiss.
Which foods not to eat and habits to avoid before kissing
Some foods are too odorous while some lifestyle habits dehydrate your mouth too much. This consequence gives a bad smell from your mouth which often not tolerated by your kissing partner.
- eating odorous foods – Avoid eating onion, garlic, fast foods, soda, juices, ketchup, peppers, spicy foods. The smell of these foods is so strong that even teeth brushing isn’t able to mask it quickly.
- avoid excessive alcohol – serving a glass of wine adds a romantic taste to any date. But too much alcohol turns your breath into dragon fire, which is a NO-NO kissing.
- Avoid coffee – don’t drink coffee prior to your first date. Coffee promotes dry mouth which causes bad breath.
- avoid smoking – cigarette smoke also promotes dry mouth and saliva deficiency. Plus the cigarette breath leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth, which your kissing partner may dislike, especially if he is not a smoker. Read about how to get rid of cigarette breath here.
How to always have a fresh breath
All the above quick ways to make your breath kiss-ready are great, but maintaining a basic oral hygiene gives you more chances that your breath will always stay fresh.
The key is to get rid of bad breath naturally by maintaining good oral care following on a daily basis the below habits.
- brush your teeth – this habit prevents the appearance of teeth caries, gum diseases, and maintains your teeth healthy;
- brush your tongue – use a tongue scraper to clean the white coat off your tongue. Scraper you’re tongue until it becomes pink;
- floss – flossing removes the food particles that teeth brushing wasn’t able to remove;
- visit a dentist – check out the general health of your oral cavity at least one or two times per year. This prevents you from the development of major problems like tooth loss and gum disease;
One of the most important things that makes a kiss enjoyable is the fresh breath. So, if you want to leave a good impression on your partner while kissing you have to know how to avoid bad breath before kissing. Even if sometimes your breath is too strong you know how to get good breath for kissing fast.
Now, leave me a comment if you’ve ever have been in a situation when you needed to refresh your breath fast before kissing. What did you do?